FACES in the News
- A Fascinating Look at the Enigma of Epilepsy
The one-hour program has begun airing on select PBS stations across the country, and will continue through the summer. The show features intimate protraits of individuals with epilepsy and a look at some hope-inspiring research.
- Powerful Brain Signals Between Seizures May Explain Memory Problems in People with Epilepsy
Between seizures and continually, brain cells in people with epilepsy send signals that make "empty memories," perhaps explaining the learning problems faced by up to 40 percent of those with the disorder. This is the finding of...
- Women with Epilepsy Just as Likely To Get Pregnant as Healthy Women of Childbearing Age, New Analysis Shows
Women with epilepsy are just as likely to achieve a sucessful pregnancy as women without the neurological disorder, according to a new study led by research teams at multiple centers, including NYU Langone Medical Center.
- GW Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Phase 3 Pivotal Study Results for Epidiolex (cannabidiol)
"The results of this Epidiolex pivotal trial are important and exciting as they represent the first placebo-controlled evidence to...read more
- Helping your Roommate Living with Epilepsyread more
Dr. Ruben Kuzniecky, Co-Director of the NYU Langone Comprehensive Epilepsy Center says roommates can do their part by making sure their roommate remains uninjured during the seizure. If someone is having convulsive seizure...
- Unlocking the Potential of Cannabidiolread more
A controversial new extract offers fresh hope for uncontrolled seizures
Dr. Orrin Devinsky put the claim to the test that a nonpsychoactive ingriedent of marijuana has been hailed as a miracle cure for intractable pediatric epilepsy....
- It’s Time to Rethink Resting After Concussionsread more
Until the early 1990's, concussions were, technically speaking, no big deal. Once kids stopped through up and seeing stars, they were free to go back to their lives. But towards the end of the decade, the "...
- A chemical found in marijuana might help prevent epilepsy seizures, but drug laws have hampered research efforts, a new study by lead and co-authors Dr. Daniel Friedman & Dr. Orrin Devinsky.read more
Congratulations to the NYU Langone Comprehensive Epilepsy Center's Dr. Daniel Friedman and Dr. Orrin Devinsky!
Dr. Friedman and [co-author Dr. Orrin] Devinsky...
- Spreading Awareness Will Take Us One Step Closer to Our Goal: FINDING A CURE!read more
Avenue Magazine's September 2015 issue features FACES & the Afternoon Tea hosted by Candice Stark!
- Remembering Dr. Oliver Sacks
Dear FACES Friends,
It is with great sorro...
- Helping your Roommate Living with Epilepsy