FACES in the News
- Obama Administration Set to Remove Barrier to Marijuana Research
Earlier this year, the D.E.A. had suggested that it would possibly remove marijuana from the list of the most...
- Epilepsy Medications: When is it Safe to Substitute a Generic?
"For the vast majority of patients, there probably isn't a problem with switching to a generic, but some people are on relatively thin ice when it comes to seizure control. They're sensitive to small changes in blood levels...
- Managing Epilepsy in Patients with Intellectual Disability
"This group will have a higher likelihood of communication problems and other issues that make it more difficult to be treated than patients with a higher IQ, and they tend to have more behavioral issues," Scott Hirsch, MD, a...
- Medicinal Cannabis News: Marijuana Users Increase; Research Says Weed is Beneficial to Control Pain
Recent researchers are looking at the benefits of marijuana on patients suffering from epilepsy.
"There was mind-boggling interest in this trial," says Orrin Devinsky, MD, director of the Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at NYU...
- 17 things people with epilepsy want you to know
Seizure "hangovers" are the absolute worst
Imagine the worst hangover of your life, combined with food poisoning, a migraine, sore muscles, and memory loss. Like Dorothy in Oz, you don't just have...
- A Fascinating Look at the Enigma of Epilepsy
The one-hour program has begun airing on select PBS stations across the country, and will continue through the summer. The show features intimate protraits of individuals with epilepsy and a look at some hope-inspiring research.
- Powerful Brain Signals Between Seizures May Explain Memory Problems in People with Epilepsy
Between seizures and continually, brain cells in people with epilepsy send signals that make "empty memories," perhaps explaining the learning problems faced by up to 40 percent of those with the disorder. This is the finding of...
- Women with Epilepsy Just as Likely To Get Pregnant as Healthy Women of Childbearing Age, New Analysis Shows
Women with epilepsy are just as likely to achieve a sucessful pregnancy as women without the neurological disorder, according to a new study led by research teams at multiple centers, including NYU Langone Medical Center.
- GW Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Phase 3 Pivotal Study Results for Epidiolex (cannabidiol)
"The results of this Epidiolex pivotal trial are important and exciting as they represent the first placebo-controlled evidence to...read more
- Helping your Roommate Living with Epilepsyread more
Dr. Ruben Kuzniecky, Co-Director of the NYU Langone Comprehensive Epilepsy Center says roommates can do their part by making sure their roommate remains uninjured during the seizure. If someone is having convulsive seizure...
- Helping your Roommate Living with Epilepsy