FACES in the News
- We've been named one of the best websites about epilepsy! read more
- CEC's Dr. Doyle is leading the way: "CyborgRx: How Smart Implants Could Change Medicine"
"The cyborgs are coming ... and that's a good thing. A new breed of smart devices designed to be implanted in the brain, heart and other body parts could be used to treat everything from epilepsy to Parkinson's disease.
- From Inexplicable Loss, NYULMC’s Laura Crandall Created Change for the Better
Laura Crandall, who joined NYULMC last May, turned a personal tragedy into a mission to help others. Her journey took her all the way to the White House, where in December, President Obama signed into law a bill that Ms. Crandall had championed...
- Center for SUDEP Research established
The Center for SUDEP Research is a new initiative that has been established to study Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP). This virtual center includes over 40...
- For Those with Severe Epilepsy, a New Device That Changes Lives
- International research team identifies synapse genes as key players in severe childhood epilepsies
Genetic mutations that may cause severe childhood epilepsies have been identified in crucial nerve cell structures by an international team of researchers led by NYU Langone Medical...
- Left Brain, Right Brain: Faced with Child's Relentless Seizures, Parents Opt for Unthinkable Cure
Except for a slightly withered right arm and leg, Emily Driscoll looks...
- Best Doctors 2014 - New York Magazine and The New York Times Magazine
Congratulations to many of our CEC's doctors for being named New York's "Best Doctors" and "Super Doctors," featured in New York Magazine and The New York Times Magazine!
- Federal Red Tape Ties Up Marijuana Research: Despite Drug’s Legalization in Two U.S. States, Biomedical Science Faces Continued Restrictions
Hidden in a locked room on New York University’s campus in lower Manhattan, a half-ton steel safe guards hundreds of vials of a drug extracted from marijuana. To the U.S. government, the drug — Epidiolex — is one of the world...
- NYU Community Brain Fair 2014 – Special Lecture: "Enhancing Memory: Fact or Fiction?" by Dr. William Barr
Dr. Barr is the Chief of Neuropsychology at the NYU Comprehensive Epilepsy Center and an Associate Professor of Neurology at NYU School of Medicine. He specializes in the neuropsychological assessment of patients with memory disorders resulting...