FACES in the News
- Unlocking the Potential of Cannabidiol
A controversial new extract offers fresh hope for uncontrolled seizures
Dr. Orrin Devinsky put the claim to the test that a nonpsychoactive ingriedent of marijuana has been hailed as a miracle cure for intractable pediatric epilepsy....
- It’s Time to Rethink Resting After Concussions
Until the early 1990's, concussions were, technically speaking, no big deal. Once kids stopped through up and seeing stars, they were free to go back to their lives. But towards the end of the decade, the "...
- A chemical found in marijuana might help prevent epilepsy seizures, but drug laws have hampered research efforts, a new study by lead and co-authors Dr. Daniel Friedman & Dr. Orrin Devinsky.
Congratulations to the NYU Langone Comprehensive Epilepsy Center's Dr. Daniel Friedman and Dr. Orrin Devinsky!
Dr. Friedman and [co-author Dr. Orrin] Devinsky...
- Spreading Awareness Will Take Us One Step Closer to Our Goal: FINDING A CURE!
Avenue Magazine's September 2015 issue features FACES & the Afternoon Tea hosted by Candice Stark!
- Remembering Dr. Oliver Sacks
Dear FACES Friends,
It is with great sorro...
- This Could Be The Most Medically Valuable Pot — & It Doesn't Get You Highread more
Daniel Friedman, MD, one of the scientists working on Epidiolex's clinical trials at New York University's Langone Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, says the oil is 98-99% CBD and is created in "a tightly-controlled,...
- Service Dogs Help People with More Than Blindnessread more
Dr. Blanca Vazquez is an attending physician in neurology and director of clinical trials and outpatient services at the Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at New York University Medical Center. She recognizes the power of human-canine...
- PotBotics: better cannabis recommendations through scienceread more
PotBotics is developing a trio of products (PotBot, BrainBot & NanoBot) to put some real science behind cannabis recommendations.
'While this all sounds straightforward on paper,...
- Study: Girls and Women With Autism Particularly Prone to Epilepsyread more
Karen E. Blackmon, PhD, assistant professor, Department of Neurology
The new research, led by neuroscientist Karen Blackmon, of New York...
- "Oliver Sacks: My Periodic Table" in The New York Times: Sunday Review...read more
- This Could Be The Most Medically Valuable Pot — & It Doesn't Get You High