FACES in the News
- "Will Marijuana for Sick Kids Get Government to Rethink Weed?"
"For years, opponents of legalizing medical marijuana have built their case on the most powerful of political maxims: Think about the children. But today it’s the suffering of children that might eventually compel the federal...
- Seeking epilepsy patients to participate in a sleep and learning study
We are currently seeking epilepsy patients to participate in a sleep and learning study. Subjects will be asked to sleep at the NY Sleep Institute, located at 724 E. 2nd Ave (between 38th and 39th Streets). Subjects will complete several...
- "Marijuana Extract for Children With Epilepsy Is Questioned"
From The Wall Street Journal, "Marijuana Extract for Children With Epilepsy Is Questioned"
As more states move to...
- We've been named one of the best websites about epilepsy! read more
- CEC's Dr. Doyle is leading the way: "CyborgRx: How Smart Implants Could Change Medicine"
"The cyborgs are coming ... and that's a good thing. A new breed of smart devices designed to be implanted in the brain, heart and other body parts could be used to treat everything from epilepsy to Parkinson's disease.
- From Inexplicable Loss, NYULMC’s Laura Crandall Created Change for the Better
Laura Crandall, who joined NYULMC last May, turned a personal tragedy into a mission to help others. Her journey took her all the way to the White House, where in December, President Obama signed into law a bill that Ms. Crandall had championed...
- Center for SUDEP Research established
The Center for SUDEP Research is a new initiative that has been established to study Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP). This virtual center includes over 40...
- For Those with Severe Epilepsy, a New Device That Changes Lives
- International research team identifies synapse genes as key players in severe childhood epilepsies
Genetic mutations that may cause severe childhood epilepsies have been identified in crucial nerve cell structures by an international team of researchers led by NYU Langone Medical...
- Left Brain, Right Brain: Faced with Child's Relentless Seizures, Parents Opt for Unthinkable Cure
Except for a slightly withered right arm and leg, Emily Driscoll looks...