- 1 head butterhead or boston lettuce
- 1 pound ground lean turkey or chicken
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp dried ginger
- Pinch of cumin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1-3 tablespoons Soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon Hoison sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 can water chestnuts
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- *Can add any other veggies you would like*
- Clean lettuce and pluck leaves (these will be the “wraps.”)
- Heat oil in a large pan, add all of the chicken or turkey and season with sesame seeds, cumin and ginger. Cook through. (This would also be where you would add any additional veggies if raw, if already cooked such as frozen veggies, add after step 3.)
- Add soy sauce and peanut butter, adding chicken broth only as needed to completely dissolve the peanut butter into a “sauce.”
- Drain the water chestnuts and chop roughly. Add to mixture, add bean sprouts and mix well and let simmer for only about 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce wraps and serve. If there is extra “sauce” in the pan – use for dipping.
Recipe makes: 6 servings; each serving: 175 calories, 9g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 1.3g fiber, 16g protein.