- 6 slices prosciutto, halved
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup marscarpone, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- Small pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp chiffonade fresh basil
- Chiffonade: cut into long, thin strips. For the basil, roll it up thin like a
- cigar and then cut into long, thin strips.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Making the prosciutto cups: Lightly spray 12 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray then line then with the halved prosciutto slices.
- Making the eggs: Add the eggs, heavy cream, mascarpone, lemon zest, pepper and nutmeg to a large measuring cup with a spout. With a hand-held blender or mixer, puree for 30 seconds or until evenly combined.
- Bake the cups until the eggs are cooked and the prosciutto is crispy, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Per cup: 64.8125 calories, 5.464 g fat, .2642 g carbs, 3.297 g protein Total (All 12 cups): 777.75 calories, 65.565 g fat, 3.17 g carbs, 39.56 g protein