Keto Milk Chocolate - High Fat/High Calorie
Halloween can be a day of many emotions for our patients on special diets. The excitement of dressing up and the stress of trick or treating make this day very bittersweet for patients and parents following the ketogenic diets. Having the discussion with your child about refraining from candy is not an easy one.
These are the times that being on a special diet are the most difficult and these are also the times we see the most creative ideas from parents. Parents and patients; we salute you on these difficult days; you are the true heroes behind making the diet work. For those who want to have a taste of "candy" today here is a homemade candy recipe for "Keto Milk Chocolate". Feel free to share your creative holiday ideas here -- we will be posting some fun ideas for the upcoming winter holidays as well.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened bakers chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (pure)
- Truvia or stevia to taste (about 3-5 packets truvia for sweetness)
- Heat and melt butter and chocolate on the stove, slowly so it does not burn until they are completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream and vanilla.
- Pour into candy molds or ice cube trays lined with wax paper.
- Then pull the candies out when desired.
Recipe makes: 1 serving (makes a couple small candies depending on the size of the candy molds); 630 calories, 65g fat, 3.5g net carbohydrate, 4g protein.